Woman gets 11,721,000,000,000,000 bill
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
A French woman nearly had a 'cardiac arrest' when she received a bill for €11,721,000,000,000,000, but she managed to convince the company they had made a mistake.
Solenne San Jose from Bordeaux nearly was shocked when she saw how much money she owed when she went to close her account at Bouygues Telecom.
She told French newspaper Sud Ouest: "I almost had a cardiac arrest. There were so many zeroes, I couldn't even work out how much it was."
Fortunately, she convinced the company they had made a mistake and when the organisation reviewed the situation they realised it was a printing error, and Solenne was then given her corrected bill of €117.21.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since