Woman held after babies found in freezer in France
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
A 32-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of infanticide after two tiny corpses were found in a freezer at her home in eastern France, police said today.
The woman has been in custody since Sunday, when herpartner called officers to the house after discovering one of the corpses.
"In the state they were discovered it is very difficult to establish the age of the corpses and whether they were new-born or still-born," the prosecutor in charge of the investigation, Denis Mondon, told AFP.
Local newspaper Le Progres reported that the woman, a waitress, had been convicted in 2005 of killing a new-born child she had given birth to in 2002 after a pregnancy she had hidden from friends and family. In that case, the woman's mother was convicted of helping her daughter to dispose of the body, according to Le Progres.