Woman hit by MC vehicle, dies
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
A woman lost her life after getting hit by a JCB machine owned by the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation at Jagraon bridge on Monday. But no case has been registered against the driver.
Chameli Devi, the victim, was taken to ESIC Hospital after getting hit but was declared dead on arrival. The accident occurred around 9.30 in the morning.
Surinder Mohan, SHO, division number 1, said, "We have impounded the vehicle but no case has been registered with us by the kin of deceased. Thus, no arrest has taken place."
While health officer Dr Charanjit Uppal said that Rajinder Singh, executive engineer, was looking into the matter, the latter said ''Hakam Singh, SDO, Zone-D'' was answerable. Hakam Singh said he was "not present in the city on Monday and thus has no knowledge about the accident".
In another development, a truck owned by the MC went missing from an empty plot of Zone-D office. The driver, Gurpreet Singh, who parked the vehicle on February 8 and found it missing the next day registered a case at Sarabha Nagar police station on February 10.