Woman hit by MC vehicle, dies
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
A woman lost her life after getting hit by a JCB machine owned by the Ludhiana Municipal Corporation at Jagraon bridge on Monday. But no case has been registered against the driver.
Chameli Devi, the victim, was taken to ESIC Hospital after getting hit but was declared dead on arrival. The accident occurred around 9.30 in the morning.
Surinder Mohan, SHO, division number 1, said, "We have impounded the vehicle but no case has been registered with us by the kin of deceased. Thus, no arrest has taken place."
While health officer Dr Charanjit Uppal said that Rajinder Singh, executive engineer, was looking into the matter, the latter said ''Hakam Singh, SDO, Zone-D'' was answerable. Hakam Singh said he was "not present in the city on Monday and thus has no knowledge about the accident".
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words