Woman IAF officer commits ‘suicide’
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
A 29-year-old woman officer of the Indian Air Force was found dead at her residence in Jodhpur in the early hours of Wednesday. Squadron Leader Anindita Das, who hailed from Kolkata, allegedly committed suicide and her body was found hanging from a ceiling fan around 3 am by her husband, Squadron Leader Vishak Nayar.
Nayar informed the police immediately and the body was shifted to Mahatma Gandhi Hospital for autopsy. No suicide note has been found and the police are yet to determine the possible cause of the drastic step taken by Das.
Both Das and Nayar joined the Air Force in 2006 and while Das was on ground duty, her husband is in the flying branch. The two were posted at the Jodhpur Air Force station and lived in the official quarters assigned to Nayar. The two got married in 2008 and do not have children. Das's parents are expected to arrive in Jodhpur on Thursday after which the autopsy will be conducted, officials said.
Defence spokesperson S D Goswami said a court of inquiry is being ordered.