Woman in China selling hugs to buy iPhone 5
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
A woman from Xiamen in China has resorted to selling hugs on the street just to buy an Apple iPhone 5, it has been revealed.
According to Malaysian Chinese newspaper Kwong Wah Yit Poh, the woman, whose name was not revealed, stood by the side of a busy road in the city on Monday and was holding a placard written with words "10 yuan (RM5) for a hug, to collect money for an iPhone 5," the Star Online reported.
Her actions attracted curious onlookers and 10 minutes later, three people hugged her.
A man took a picture with her instead as he felt too shy to give her a hug, the paper said.