Woman in China selling hugs to buy iPhone 5
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
A woman from Xiamen in China has resorted to selling hugs on the street just to buy an Apple iPhone 5, it has been revealed.
According to Malaysian Chinese newspaper Kwong Wah Yit Poh, the woman, whose name was not revealed, stood by the side of a busy road in the city on Monday and was holding a placard written with words "10 yuan (RM5) for a hug, to collect money for an iPhone 5," the Star Online reported.
Her actions attracted curious onlookers and 10 minutes later, three people hugged her.
A man took a picture with her instead as he felt too shy to give her a hug, the paper said.
The incident became a hot topic among Netizens on social networking site Weibo, with some branding her as "a materialistic girl who would sell herself for luxurious pleasure."
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today