Woman in China selling hugs to buy iPhone 5
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
A woman from Xiamen in China has resorted to selling hugs on the street just to buy an Apple iPhone 5, it has been revealed.
According to Malaysian Chinese newspaper Kwong Wah Yit Poh, the woman, whose name was not revealed, stood by the side of a busy road in the city on Monday and was holding a placard written with words "10 yuan (RM5) for a hug, to collect money for an iPhone 5," the Star Online reported.
Her actions attracted curious onlookers and 10 minutes later, three people hugged her.
A man took a picture with her instead as he felt too shy to give her a hug, the paper said.
The incident became a hot topic among Netizens on social networking site Weibo, with some branding her as "a materialistic girl who would sell herself for luxurious pleasure."