Woman in China selling hugs to buy iPhone 5
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
A woman from Xiamen in China has resorted to selling hugs on the street just to buy an Apple iPhone 5, it has been revealed.
According to Malaysian Chinese newspaper Kwong Wah Yit Poh, the woman, whose name was not revealed, stood by the side of a busy road in the city on Monday and was holding a placard written with words "10 yuan (RM5) for a hug, to collect money for an iPhone 5," the Star Online reported.
Her actions attracted curious onlookers and 10 minutes later, three people hugged her.
A man took a picture with her instead as he felt too shy to give her a hug, the paper said.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2