Woman in China selling hugs to buy iPhone 5
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- SC allows annual cap of 20m tonnes of iron ore mining in Goa
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
A woman from Xiamen in China has resorted to selling hugs on the street just to buy an Apple iPhone 5, it has been revealed.
According to Malaysian Chinese newspaper Kwong Wah Yit Poh, the woman, whose name was not revealed, stood by the side of a busy road in the city on Monday and was holding a placard written with words "10 yuan (RM5) for a hug, to collect money for an iPhone 5," the Star Online reported.
Her actions attracted curious onlookers and 10 minutes later, three people hugged her.
A man took a picture with her instead as he felt too shy to give her a hug, the paper said.
The incident became a hot topic among Netizens on social networking site Weibo, with some branding her as "a materialistic girl who would sell herself for luxurious pleasure."
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota