Woman injured in acid attack in J-K
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
A 30-year-old woman suffered injuries when she was attacked with acid by a youth in city's posh locality on Srinagar airport road on Wednesday, police said.
Rukaya, a private school teacher, was attacked with acid in Parraypora locality of Hyderpora by a youth identified as Riyaz Ahmad, a police spokesman said.
The woman suffered burn injuries on the face and arm and was admitted to SMHS hospital here, the spokesman said adding her condition is said to be "stable".
The accused has been arrested and a case was registered against him, he said.
The spokesman said the motive behind the attack was not immediately known.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Central Kashmir, Syed Afad-ul-Mujtaba visited the victim at the hospital and assured the family that police will provide justice at the earliest.
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage
- Strengthen Centre-state relations by giving the Inter-State Council teeth
- The Patel agitation and Dalit unrest threaten BJP’s dominance in Gujarat
- The CAMPA Bill: Whose forests are these anyway?
- Arundhati Ghose will be remembered for her role in India’s nuclear diplomacy
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation