Woman jumps to death after throwing three daughters into river
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A woman threw her three daughters into a river killing them and later jumped to death in Daund town here, police said today.
The 26-year-old took her four daughters to a bridge over river Bhima yesterday and threw three of them -- aged one and a half, four and six -- from a height of over 100 ft even as the seven-year-old, the eldest of the siblings ran away to save her life.
After killing the three girls, the mother-- Afrin Shaikh--- too jumped to her death.
All the four had drowned by the time people rushed to the river bank to save them, police said.
The reason behind the woman taking the extreme step is not known. The woman's husband is a truck driver.