Woman jumps to death after throwing three daughters into river
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
A woman threw her three daughters into a river killing them and later jumped to death in Daund town here, police said today.
The 26-year-old took her four daughters to a bridge over river Bhima yesterday and threw three of them -- aged one and a half, four and six -- from a height of over 100 ft even as the seven-year-old, the eldest of the siblings ran away to save her life.
After killing the three girls, the mother-- Afrin Shaikh--- too jumped to her death.
All the four had drowned by the time people rushed to the river bank to save them, police said.
The reason behind the woman taking the extreme step is not known. The woman's husband is a truck driver.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today