Woman killed 4-yr-old daughter, body recovered from her room
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Rahul breaks solid stand, Patel departs
The accused attempted suicide four times but survived; currently admitted to DMCH.
A 29-year-old woman murdered her four-year-old daughter and hid her body in her room. She herself attempted suicide four times and is currently admitted to Dayanand Medical College and Hospital (DMCH). The body was recovered on Friday.
The exact date of murder could not be ascertained as the body was found in a totally decomposed state.
The accused, Harsimranjit Kaur, killed her daughter, Jasmyra, with a knife and then herself attempted suicide by hanging from the ceiling fan, consuming poison, setting herself on fire and finally jumping in front of a train. But she survived. This was confirmed after the police recovered a blood-stained knife and ropes from her room on Friday`.
The accused had dumped the body in her own room. It was only after that the body started emitting foul smell and made it difficult to breathe that Kaur's landlord alerted the police.
After initial investigation, the police have found that Kaur hatched a conspiracy to falsely trap her in-laws in the murder case of herself and her daughter. Reportedly, Kaur was also a patient of depression and was under treatment.
Model Town SHO Davinder Choudhary told Ludhiana Newsline, "Kaur left some notes and writing on the wall that her in-laws including her brother-in-law, his wife and other family members will be responsible for their death but she failed to attempt suicide."
After recovering the body, the police registered a case of murder against Kaur following the statement of her husband Jaskaran Singh.
As per the landlord, it was on April 17 that Kaur last came home. So far, police are considering April 17 as the date of murder.
Jaskaran Singh, a cloth trader, told the police that he married Harsimranjit Kaur in 2008. He said their relations got strained and they started living separately. Kaur got a dowry harassment case registered against him in 2012, but around three months back, they had come to an agreement and started living together in a rented home in Model Town. Recently, after their relations again got strained, Singh started living in a hotel and did not go back home, he told police.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18