Woman killed by her family for marrying against wishes
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
In a suspected case of honour killing, a 24-year-old woman was allegedly killed by her family members for marrying a man of her choice at Badod village about 80 kms away from district headquarters.
The mother of a four-month-old baby, the victim has been identified as Beenu Kunwar, a "higher" caste woman who married Jitendra Darji (28) one-and-a-half year ago and was living in Indore, against the wishes of her family.
However, about four months ago, they came back to their village and settled there.
Last evening, her family members including her brother Khushal Singh, Lal Singh, Bahadur Singh and Jagdish Singh, along with their associate, Ravi attacked Jitendra when he was sitting in his shop with swords, Agar town's Sub Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) Sandhya Rai told reporters.
Jitendra somehow rushed to his house to save himself, but they followed him there. When his wife and her father-in-law, Kanhaiya tried to save him, they too were attacked, causing grievous injuries, the SDOP said.
They were then rushed to Ujjain after first-aid, but Beenu succumbed to her injuries enroute, while the other two were later admitted to a hospital at Indore.
The accused have been absconding since then and efforts are on to nab them, the SDOP said.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer