Woman killed by her family for marrying against wishes
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
In a suspected case of honour killing, a 24-year-old woman was allegedly killed by her family members for marrying a man of her choice at Badod village about 80 kms away from district headquarters.
The mother of a four-month-old baby, the victim has been identified as Beenu Kunwar, a "higher" caste woman who married Jitendra Darji (28) one-and-a-half year ago and was living in Indore, against the wishes of her family.
However, about four months ago, they came back to their village and settled there.
Last evening, her family members including her brother Khushal Singh, Lal Singh, Bahadur Singh and Jagdish Singh, along with their associate, Ravi attacked Jitendra when he was sitting in his shop with swords, Agar town's Sub Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) Sandhya Rai told reporters.
Jitendra somehow rushed to his house to save himself, but they followed him there. When his wife and her father-in-law, Kanhaiya tried to save him, they too were attacked, causing grievous injuries, the SDOP said.
They were then rushed to Ujjain after first-aid, but Beenu succumbed to her injuries enroute, while the other two were later admitted to a hospital at Indore.