Woman killed by her family for marrying against wishes
- Historic moment, ISRO successfully launches 20 satellites from Sriharikota
- After Raghuram Rajan exit, Swamy now targets CEA Arvind Subramanian
- Will bring tapping to Supreme Court notice, make it part of Essar leaks case: Prashant Bhushan
- Same bike, weapon used for killing Narendra Dabholkar and Govind Pansare, says CBI
- No more Rail Budget? Niti Ayog note to PMO terms it as 'failed' exercise
In a suspected case of honour killing, a 24-year-old woman was allegedly killed by her family members for marrying a man of her choice at Badod village about 80 kms away from district headquarters.
The mother of a four-month-old baby, the victim has been identified as Beenu Kunwar, a "higher" caste woman who married Jitendra Darji (28) one-and-a-half year ago and was living in Indore, against the wishes of her family.
However, about four months ago, they came back to their village and settled there.
Last evening, her family members including her brother Khushal Singh, Lal Singh, Bahadur Singh and Jagdish Singh, along with their associate, Ravi attacked Jitendra when he was sitting in his shop with swords, Agar town's Sub Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) Sandhya Rai told reporters.
Jitendra somehow rushed to his house to save himself, but they followed him there. When his wife and her father-in-law, Kanhaiya tried to save him, they too were attacked, causing grievous injuries, the SDOP said.
They were then rushed to Ujjain after first-aid, but Beenu succumbed to her injuries enroute, while the other two were later admitted to a hospital at Indore.
- EU referendum: Days of unmaking
- Ability to say no and to live happily with the consequences makes Rajan unique
- There’s no such thing as free water
- The relationship between RBI governor and the government has to be healthy, collaborative and mutually respectful
- Previous judicial pronouncements suggest AAP MLAs may be on a safe wicket
- For the youth, Raghuram Rajan created a novel space and owned it