Woman killed for witchcraft
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
A 65-year-old tribal woman was killed by unknown persons for allegedly practising black magic at Pitchli village in Matuku Panchyat of Potka, the police said today.
A group of people barged into the house of Kaushalya Sardar and slit her throat in her sleep last night, the police said. Sardar was killed for allegedly practising witchcraft, sources said.
The victim was branded witch since her husband died ten years after marriage. Prior to her husband's death, Sardar's brother-in-law and his wife also died of some diseases. Sardar was living alone when the incident occurred last night.