Woman killed for witchcraft
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
A 65-year-old tribal woman was killed by unknown persons for allegedly practising black magic at Pitchli village in Matuku Panchyat of Potka, the police said today.
A group of people barged into the house of Kaushalya Sardar and slit her throat in her sleep last night, the police said. Sardar was killed for allegedly practising witchcraft, sources said.
The victim was branded witch since her husband died ten years after marriage. Prior to her husband's death, Sardar's brother-in-law and his wife also died of some diseases. Sardar was living alone when the incident occurred last night.