Woman killed for witchcraft
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
A 65-year-old tribal woman was killed by unknown persons for allegedly practising black magic at Pitchli village in Matuku Panchyat of Potka, the police said today.
A group of people barged into the house of Kaushalya Sardar and slit her throat in her sleep last night, the police said. Sardar was killed for allegedly practising witchcraft, sources said.
The victim was branded witch since her husband died ten years after marriage. Prior to her husband's death, Sardar's brother-in-law and his wife also died of some diseases. Sardar was living alone when the incident occurred last night.