Woman kills daughter after husband tries to rape child
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
A woman allegedly hacked to death her adopted seven-year-old daughter after her husband attempted to rape the child.
The woman, Sakshi, attempted suicide last night by cutting her veins after killing the child with a sharp edged iron weapon, police said today.
As the couple did not have a child, Sakshi's husband Ramesh had adopted the daughter of his brother.
Around two days ago, Ramesh had allegedly attempted to rape the child and the matter was subsequently reported to police by Sakshi.
After the arrest of Ramesh, Sakhsi was scolded by her in-laws for reporting the matter to police and bringing bad name for the family.
On her way to the hospital, Sakshi told police that she was being harassed by her in-laws for taking the matter to police.
They were mounting pressure on Sakshi to withdraw the complaint when she took the extreme step.
She has been booked under section 302 of IPC (murder) and 309 of IPC (attempt to commit suicide).
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties