Woman ‘kills’ daughter’s married lover, arrested
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
A woman of Chhavad village in the Panchmahals district was arrested Sunday for allegedly murdering a married man a day before who, she suspected, had an affair with her daughter.
Leela Baria was arrested by the Godhra rural police.
Police said she killed Pradip Baria, a resident of Dangaria village in Morvahadaf taluka, on Saturday evening after the latter made a phone call to her daughter.
"Pradip had an affair with Leela's daughter for the last few years and the mother was angry over this. When the man came to Chhavad on Saturday to see her and contacted her on mobile phone, Leela responded and asked him about his location. She then rushed to a nearby paan shop where Pradip was waiting and hit him on head with an iron rod killing him on the spot," Godhra rural police sub-inspector Suresh Baria said.
"The woman has confessed to killing the man saying she did not approve of the affair between her daughter and Pradip. We have recovered the iron rod used to commit the murder," the officer said.
Police said Pradip (22) was married and used to drive a vehicle to ferry passengers, while Leela's 20-year-old daughter was unmarried. The alleged affair had started when the girl was studying in Class XII and used to go school in Baria's vehicle.
The woman has been booked for murder and further investigation is on.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress