Woman molested in Lodhi Garden, man booked
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK remove KXIP openers in a hurry
A 45-year-old woman was allegedly molested in Lodhi Garden, South Delhi, when she was out for a walk on Sunday evening. The woman owns a handloom shop in South Delhi. Police said Anand Singh has been booked for outraging the modesty of a woman.
In her complaint the woman said the man was drunk. He overpowered her and tried to drag her to a secluded corner of the park, she told police.
The woman managed to free herself and raised the alarm. A crowd gathered and helped the woman to call police. The woman said she also tried to call the women helpline run by Delhi government, 181, but her call was answered only after several attempts.
"The PCR van reached the spot in six minutes. The garden is huge and has numerous entry points, which is why our official was asking her for the location of the spot. We arrested the accused and handed him over to the local police," Special Commissioner of Police (Operations) T N Mohan said.
Other cases in the city ...
Men on bike harass girl, beaten by crowd
Three youths were beaten up by passersby after they allegedly passed lewd comments at a 16-year-old girl, who was on her way home with her parents on a scooter. The incident was reported from South Delhi's Mehrauli area on Sunday night. The three youths, who were on a motorcycle, were caught by other commuters and beaten up. One of them managed to escape, but two received head injuries. The youths were later handed to police.
Man held on designer's harassment complaint
A 25-year-old fashion designer, daughter of an Income Tax officer, on Monday alleged that her colleague, whose proposal she had turned down, came to her home and broke her car's windows. According to police, she also alleged that the colleague had been stalking her for a month. A case has been registered at the Tilak Marg police station and Akshay Gupta (26) has been arrested. Further investigation is on.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer