Woman molested in police custody
- LIVE Brussels: One dead, several injured after two explosions at Belgium's Zaventem airport
- Meeting with PM Modi 'very positive', says PDP leader Mehbooba Mufti
- University of Hyderabad students attack VC Appa Rao's house, smash furniture
- JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar meets Rahul Gandhi
- Rift with RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan? Here's what Jaitley has to say
A 40-year-old woman was allegedly sexually assaulted in police custody and admitted to hospital in a critical condition in Central Assam's Morigaon district, police said today.
Morigaon Superintendent of Police Ainul Haque said the woman has filed a complaint that she was picked up by Mayong police station personnel on the night of November 26 for allegedly giving shelter to some poachers in her house.
The women alleged that she was assaulted and sexually abused by the Officer-in-Charge of Mayong police station, Subhas Doley, and was admitted to Morigaon Civil Hospital in a critical condition.
Haque said that he has ordered an inquiry into the incident and has directed the hospital authorities to conduct the medical examination of the woman.
- In Bangladesh’s diminishing democratic space, a prominent editor is at the receiving end
- Supreme Court has the opportunity to enforce the true Islamic law on divorce
- Budget 2016: An ‘A’ for ambition
- Raja-Mandala: Bridge to China
- A tale of two speeches
- The new enemy property ordinance is more draconian than the one in 2010