Woman molested inside shared taxi
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
A woman was attempted to be molested in a trekker by the handyman of the vehicle this evening in Guwahati.
The handyman tried to grope the body of the woman travelling with her husband and aunt following an argument over fare when they were travelling from Balaji temple to Basistha temple 4 km away, police sources said.
When the woman and her family members protested along with other passengers, the handyman snatching her bag containing over Rs 4000, mobile phone, etc, and fled away at the indication of the taxi driver, the sources said.
The victim and the others called the police which arrested the driver and seized the vehicle. Stating an FIR has been filed by the victim, the sources said the driver was identified as Tofaz Ali.
Ali's interrogation was on though he was misleading the police on the name and address of the accused handyman. Assault of passengers by trekker and handyman on the fare issue was often reported, police said.