Woman, paramour get life term for murder
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
A local court here has convicted a woman and her paramour to life for murdering her 12-year-old son. Additional District Sessions Judge Jitendra Kumar on Friday also imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 on each of the accused Prabha (35) and Sandeep (27) after holding them guilty under various of the IPC. According to prosecution, Sonu was strangulated to death by his mother Prabha (wife of Umaid Singh) with the help of her paramour Sandeep for opposing their illegitimate relationship at Kabaraut village in May 2010. The father of the deceased lodged a complaint against his wife and her paramour Sandeep.