Woman raped, her male colleague beaten mercilessly
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
A 37-year-old widow was raped last night by two unidentified people even as her male colleague was stripped and beaten mercilessly, the police said today.
An Unjha police official said the woman and the man were talking to each other sitting in a vehicle when the two men arrived on their two-wheeler and threatened the woman's colleague with a knife.
The duo then stripped the man and beat him, the police said, adding one of the two assaulters then tied the woman's hands and legs with her sari before both of them took turns to rape her.
The incident took place between 9 pm and 11 pm last night, the police said.
"In the morning, people heard the cries of the woman and they informed us. We took her to the police station and she stated in her complaint that the rapists were aged between 25 years to 30 years," the police said.
The woman's male colleague was brought in an unconscious condition to the police station and both of them were later admitted to the Mehsana Civil Hospital, the police said.
Mehsana local crime branch police inspector H P Dave is investigating the case, an Unjha police official said.
- Internal Maoist document targets 12 political leaders
- Forces didn’t follow SoP, says MHA
- ‘Teesta NGOs got foreign donations worth Rs 4 cr’
- Unable to pay to cheat, another student tries to kill himself in UP
- ‘Ignored’ by AAP, Mallika says won’t contest LS elections
- He didn’t want to lose a year, mother had mortgaged ring to arrange ‘bribe’
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express