Woman’s body found on Dana Pani beach
- Rajnath Singh cracks the whip, expels veteran party leader Jaswant Singh for six years
- Black box detector to join Malaysian jet search
- Congressâs Imran Masood sent to jail; Rahul disapproves of Masood's alleged hate speech, says âthis is not the Cong wayâ
- Muzaffarnagar: BJP candidate says âthis time itâs about swabhiman, not sadakâ
- Ajit sat in the lap of those his father fought against: Modi
The body of a woman was found beside a road near the mangroves at Dana Paani beach, Aksa, in Malad on Wednesday morning. Malwani police said there were strangulation marks on the neck, cigarette burns and blood clots on her face. A case of murder has been registered.
This is the second such case in the city over the past two days.
Police said the victim was wearing a sky blue kurta and pink salwar. A resident of the area noticed the body around 7.45 am and informed the police.
Residents said the woman seemed to be 30-35 years of age.
"Prima facie investigations suggest that the killer tried to throw the body into the mangroves but failed," said an officer. Police said some residents had seen a few women at the spot from where the body was found.
The body has been sent to Bhagwati Hospital in Borivali for post-mortem. "We are trying to identity the woman, and have informed police stations across the city to ascertain if a missing complaint was registered," said A Shaikh, senior inspector.
On Tuesday morning, a 30-year-old widow who had been missing from Ghatkopar since Monday, was found dead in Mulund. She had been stabbed and the body stuffed into a jute sack before being abandoned, police said. The woman, Pratiksha Bhojane, was a mother of three who worked as a domestic help.