Woman says ‘raped’ for 8 years by man she lived with
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
In the third rape case registered within 10 days in Moga district, a 35-year-old has alleged that she was repeatedly raped by a man, with whom she had been in a live-in relationship, for the past eight years. The man had come to the woman 8 years ago as a tenant and had entered into a physical relationship with her. The man, however, married another woman in October, 2012.
"We have registered the case under section 376 of IPC but the man not only surrendered but also confessed that he did not rape but was in consensual physical relationship with the woman. They were living together for the past eight years but the woman registered the complaint after the man did not marry him," SSP Surjit Singh Grewal.
Men being framed
The SSP, giving crime details of 2012, said: "Out of 10 rape cases filed in Moga in 2012, five were found to be fake and cancelled by the police. Men are getting framed in false cases as well by women."
SSP (Moga) Surjit Singh Grewal said that 36 murders took place in Moga in 2012, which was up from 32 that took place in 2011. However, the number of thefts was reduced from 140 in 2011 to 107 in 2012. Moga police also recovered 201 quintals of poppy husk compared to 44 quintals in 2012 and seized over 2 kgs of heroin in 2012 compared to just 285 grams in 2011. Under Section 307 (attempt to murder), police registered 51 cases in 2012 while only 7 cases were registered in 2011.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid