Delhi: 26-yr-old woman alleges husband raped and tortured her on honeymoon
- Mamata seeks clarification on transfer orders after Election Commission's warning on cancellation of polls
- Bihar: BJP attacks Nitish over CRPF officer's death, calls for probe
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress may announce its candidate against Modi from Varanasi today
Barely a few days after her marriage, a 26-year-old woman has alleged that she was confined, brutally tortured and sodomised by her husband during their honeymoon in Thailland.
The woman, a resident of Palam in Southwest Delhi, filed a complaint against her husband on Thursday after she arrived in Delhi.
According to police, a case of sodomy, wrongful confinement and physical assault has been registered against the husband, an IT professional, who is now on the run.
Speaking to Newsline, the victim's cousin said the couple got married on November 29 and left for their honeymoon a day later. "We spoke to her the day after she reached, she sounded fine. The night she landed in Delhi, she called us. She was whispering. All she said was that she wants us to come and take her home. She requested us to not call her husband," the cousin said.
In her complaint, the woman alleged that her husband sexually assaulted her on the very night of the honeymoon. He allegedly forced her to consume alcohol and slapped her when she refused to comply.
The woman alleged that her husband took her passport and threatened to force her into prostitution if she complained about him.
The woman's parents alleged that her husband had filmed her while raping her. "I went to his house and got the camera. He had deleted all the photos but I managed to retrieve them. I will keep them as a proof," her father said.
Police said the woman was in shock. She was taken to DDU for a medical examination. Police said her examination confirmed rape and sodomy. A case has been registered and a probe is on.
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city