Woman slapped as she objects to eve-teasing, five youths booked
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
The Gidderbaha police has registered a case against five youngsters, two of whom allegedly eve-teased a girl and then slapped her, when she objected. According to the police, on Tuesday night, the girl of Sirajwala village was travelling with her brother and uncle in a bus from Muktsar towards her village in Gidderbaha when two youth, Harpreet Singh and Chingyara, began eve-teasing her as the bus reached Khidkiyanwala village.
The two men were on the seats behind her and allegedly apart from passing comments, attempted to touch her. The girl stood up and slapped the duo, but the boys responded by hitting her back and then creating a ruckus in the bus. They were soon joined by a few of their friends and all of them allegedly manhandled bus driver Sukhdev Singh.
"The boys were misbehaving with the girl of our village and even passed remarks over her caste. I appreciate the girl who slapped them in a moving bus but later they troubled the passengers," Singh said.