Woman slapped as she objects to eve-teasing, five youths booked
- SC quashes decision to include Jats in OBC category, rules caste can't be sole ground
- Day after results, Omar, Amit Shah and Ram Madhav met to explore J&K tie-up
- Neither Sonia nor Rahul ever filled such forms: Congress
- Nun gangrape case: 10 detained, Centre seeks report from WB govt
- To push land law forward, govt set to pause House
The Gidderbaha police has registered a case against five youngsters, two of whom allegedly eve-teased a girl and then slapped her, when she objected. According to the police, on Tuesday night, the girl of Sirajwala village was travelling with her brother and uncle in a bus from Muktsar towards her village in Gidderbaha when two youth, Harpreet Singh and Chingyara, began eve-teasing her as the bus reached Khidkiyanwala village.
The two men were on the seats behind her and allegedly apart from passing comments, attempted to touch her. The girl stood up and slapped the duo, but the boys responded by hitting her back and then creating a ruckus in the bus. They were soon joined by a few of their friends and all of them allegedly manhandled bus driver Sukhdev Singh.
"The boys were misbehaving with the girl of our village and even passed remarks over her caste. I appreciate the girl who slapped them in a moving bus but later they troubled the passengers," Singh said.
The police have booked five youth, but are yet to arrest them. "Though we have booked Harpreet, Chingyara and three unidentified persons but they are yet to be arrested as they ran away from the spot and have not yet been traced," DSP Darshan Singh Brar said. The boys are from Bhuttiwala village in Gidderbaha.