Woman slapped as she objects to eve-teasing, five youths booked
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
The Gidderbaha police has registered a case against five youngsters, two of whom allegedly eve-teased a girl and then slapped her, when she objected. According to the police, on Tuesday night, the girl of Sirajwala village was travelling with her brother and uncle in a bus from Muktsar towards her village in Gidderbaha when two youth, Harpreet Singh and Chingyara, began eve-teasing her as the bus reached Khidkiyanwala village.
The two men were on the seats behind her and allegedly apart from passing comments, attempted to touch her. The girl stood up and slapped the duo, but the boys responded by hitting her back and then creating a ruckus in the bus. They were soon joined by a few of their friends and all of them allegedly manhandled bus driver Sukhdev Singh.
"The boys were misbehaving with the girl of our village and even passed remarks over her caste. I appreciate the girl who slapped them in a moving bus but later they troubled the passengers," Singh said.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism