Woman smuggler arrested with 110 gram smack
- NSA-level talks off: After war of words, India and Pak decide not to talk
- Security forces do their part, Saranda now waits for govt
- Death in Kerala’s mammoth love story, 50-year-old mourns alone
- Unbothered by NSA talks: At an India-Pakistan fair, they pick up the threads
- Kashmiri separatist leaders Bilal Lone, Shabir Shah and 2 others put under house arrest in Delhi
Police arrested a woman smack smuggler along with her accomplice here on Thursday. Inquiries revealed that her entire family was into smack smuggling.
Birju ki beti alias Kiran Bala alias Manna and her accomplice Rajvir alias Sunny were held with 110 gram smack and Rs 30,000.
ADCP Nilambari Jagdale said the entire family of Kiran was into smack smuggling and her father Birju was already in jail. Birju's son Mohan Lal, other daughter Suman, son-in laws — Rajinder Billi and another son-in-law — were in jail facing charges of smack smuggling.
Sources said Kiran used to take smack when she was 9 because of free availability of the drug at home and so was the case of her minor daughter. The ADCP said they had got information that after the arrest of all the family members, Kiran was in charge of this smuggling business along with Rajvir. So the CIA staff continued their search operations and finally arrested her along with Rajvir. The police would now investigate the details such as from where the smack was coming and how much profit they were earning.