Woman, son killed in Okhla hit-and-run, husband critical
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
A woman and her son were killed, while her 36-year-old husband was critically injured in an accident in the Okhla area of Southeast Delhi, late on Monday.
Madhu Saxena and her 15-year-old son Saransh died, while her husband Satyendra has been admitted to the AIIMS Trauma Centre with a severe head injuries. The family hails from UP and were residing in Harinagar, Meethapur village, Okhla.
According to police, they had stayed at Madhu's parents' house in Khyala, West Delhi, over the weekend.
"They called me at 9 pm on Monday saying they were heading home. Just two hours later, we received a call from police, informing us that they had met with an accident," Rajiv Saxena, Satyendra's elder brother, said.
Police said Satyendra was driving his scooter, Madhu was riding pillion and Saransh was seated in the middle.
"On Tank Road, an unidentified speeding vehicle rammed them from the rear. Some witnesses have said the vehicle was an autorickshaw, while others said it was a car. This is yet to be ascertained," a senior police officer said.
The family was rushed to AIIMS Trauma Centre, where Madhu and Saransh were declared dead on arrival.
Madhu used to run a beauty parlour in the area while Satyendra has a cable TV business in Meethapur.
Saransh was a Class VII student at Green Valley School in Subhash Vihar, Jaitpur. A case has been registered at the Sarita Vihar police station.