Woman strangled to death over dowry, body burnt
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A 26-year-old woman was allegedly strangled to death and her body burnt by in-laws over a dowry in Jhawalar district, about 70-kms from Kota, police said on Saturday.
Rahina, 26, was strangled to death and in an effort to prove it a case of suicide, the in-laws set her body on fire last evening, Station House Officer Bhawani Mandi Gopichand Meena said.
On the complaint by Rahina's father, a case under section 302 of IPC (murder) was registered against her husband Salim Khan, father-in-law Shafi Mohammad, brother-in-law Anis and mother-in-law Jubida Bi, the police officer said.
The body has been handed over to her parents after post mortem, he said adding, no one was yet arrested in the matter.
According to autopsy report the woman was strangled to death, medical officer at the Community Health Centre Dr R C Meena said.