Woman stripped, 7 arrested
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
A woman was allegedly stripped and tied with tree for several hours after appearing at a 'kangaroo court' in Sipahijala district of Tripura, police said.
Seven persons, including three women, have been arrested in connection with yesterday's incident at Rangapania village which took place following an argument between the woman and some village elders, police said.
The woman was summoned to the 'court' on her husband's complaint that she was having an illicit relationship with a youth but the charges could not be established and an argument broke out between her and the others present.
She was then beaten up by some people. They stripped and tied her hands and legs with a tree, police said.
The ordeal went on for several hours till she was rescued by some others and admitted to Bishalgarh hospital.
Yesterday, police raided the village and made the arrests.