Woman stripped, 7 arrested
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
A woman was allegedly stripped and tied with tree for several hours after appearing at a 'kangaroo court' in Sipahijala district of Tripura, police said.
Seven persons, including three women, have been arrested in connection with yesterday's incident at Rangapania village which took place following an argument between the woman and some village elders, police said.
The woman was summoned to the 'court' on her husband's complaint that she was having an illicit relationship with a youth but the charges could not be established and an argument broke out between her and the others present.
She was then beaten up by some people. They stripped and tied her hands and legs with a tree, police said.
The ordeal went on for several hours till she was rescued by some others and admitted to Bishalgarh hospital.
Yesterday, police raided the village and made the arrests.
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today
- Class XII exams clash with polls, 4 postponed
- 11 traffic cops suspended for cop-out at key junctions