Woman travelling to Delhi gangraped, murdered in Bihar, body hung from tree
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
A woman from Jalpaiguri, who got down from a Delhi-bound train in Bhagalpur district, was gangraped, killed and her body hung from a tree in a mango orchard. Police said the 32-year-old victim, who was travelling on Brahmaputra Mail, was dragged to the mango orchard and gangraped by unidentified persons after she alighted from the train between Vikramshila and Kahalgaon stations.
She was strangulated and her body hung from a tree late Saturday night. Police recovered the body on Sunday and sent it for post mortem. The victim boarded the train from Alipore along with her son.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies