Woman travelling to Delhi gangraped, murdered in Bihar, body hung from tree
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A woman from Jalpaiguri, who got down from a Delhi-bound train in Bhagalpur district, was gangraped, killed and her body hung from a tree in a mango orchard. Police said the 32-year-old victim, who was travelling on Brahmaputra Mail, was dragged to the mango orchard and gangraped by unidentified persons after she alighted from the train between Vikramshila and Kahalgaon stations.
She was strangulated and her body hung from a tree late Saturday night. Police recovered the body on Sunday and sent it for post mortem. The victim boarded the train from Alipore along with her son.
As the train was crowded, she tried to get down at Sahibganj but was prevented from doing so by her co-passengers, ASP, Bhagalpur, Meenu Kumari said. When the train slowed down between Vikramshila and Kahalgaon stations, she jumped out. It is not clear why she took this step.