Woman wanting to boost fitness should workout with pals
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Working out with friends is better than exercising alone for women, researchers have claimed.
A study of 1,000 women found that 64 percent of those who run, go to the gym or attend group exercise classes with their friends will push themselves harder than if they went alone, the Daily Mail reported.
The study, carried out by Virgin Active Health Clubs, showed that 31 percent of women considered their friends to be the motivation they need to stay in good shape.
During the average session, women who exercised with their friends burned up to 236 calories, compared to 195 for girls who exercise alone, the study said.
The study showed that during the average exercise session, women who exercise with friends burn up to 236 calories, compared to 195 for girls who prefer to go it alone.
The average workout for friends lasted for about 42 minutes - with the average run taking around 31 minutes.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express