Woman wanting to boost fitness should workout with pals
- CBI arrests Peter Mukerjea, says he was aware of Sheena Bora murder
- Pay panel suggests 23.55% hike, minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month
- Paris attacks 'mastermind' Abdelhamid Abaaoud died in Saint-Denis raid
- HS Phoolka releases video of Rajiv Gandhi's speech justifying 1984 riots
- Rahul accuses PM, dares govt to take action on citizenship row
Working out with friends is better than exercising alone for women, researchers have claimed.
A study of 1,000 women found that 64 percent of those who run, go to the gym or attend group exercise classes with their friends will push themselves harder than if they went alone, the Daily Mail reported.
The study, carried out by Virgin Active Health Clubs, showed that 31 percent of women considered their friends to be the motivation they need to stay in good shape.
During the average session, women who exercised with their friends burned up to 236 calories, compared to 195 for girls who exercise alone, the study said.
The study showed that during the average exercise session, women who exercise with friends burn up to 236 calories, compared to 195 for girls who prefer to go it alone.
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say
- Results of local elections indicate that the BSP is regaining ground in UP
- The idea of Bihar: Social justice cohesion should be consolidated further
- Why the British commemorate Tipu Sultan
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment