Woman wanting to boost fitness should workout with pals
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
Working out with friends is better than exercising alone for women, researchers have claimed.
A study of 1,000 women found that 64 percent of those who run, go to the gym or attend group exercise classes with their friends will push themselves harder than if they went alone, the Daily Mail reported.
The study, carried out by Virgin Active Health Clubs, showed that 31 percent of women considered their friends to be the motivation they need to stay in good shape.
During the average session, women who exercised with their friends burned up to 236 calories, compared to 195 for girls who exercise alone, the study said.
The study showed that during the average exercise session, women who exercise with friends burn up to 236 calories, compared to 195 for girls who prefer to go it alone.