Woman wanting to boost fitness should workout with pals
- Gurdaspur terror attack ends, all three terrorists killed
- Former president Abdul Kalam passes away following sudden illness
- Will not strike first, but will give a befitting reply: Rajnath Singh
- LG Najeeb Jung clears Swati Maliwal's appointment as DCW chief
- Gurdaspur attack aftermath: BCCI says no cricket ties with Pakistan as of now
Working out with friends is better than exercising alone for women, researchers have claimed.
A study of 1,000 women found that 64 percent of those who run, go to the gym or attend group exercise classes with their friends will push themselves harder than if they went alone, the Daily Mail reported.
The study, carried out by Virgin Active Health Clubs, showed that 31 percent of women considered their friends to be the motivation they need to stay in good shape.
During the average session, women who exercised with their friends burned up to 236 calories, compared to 195 for girls who exercise alone, the study said.
The study showed that during the average exercise session, women who exercise with friends burn up to 236 calories, compared to 195 for girls who prefer to go it alone.