Woman's body found, rape suspected
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- For hate speech, EC orders UP not to let Amit Shah, Azam campaign
The body of a young woman was found in the forest area of Assagao village near here with police suspecting it to be a case of rape.
The naked body of the woman, apparently in her mid-20s, was found with her head smashed yesterday, a senior police official said, adding that the suspect in the case has already been identified.
The body was found by two forest guards, who were on a routine visit to Assagao nearly 15 kms from here. The guards also saw the suspect rushing out of the forest on a scooter, the police official claimed.
The suspect has been identified as Ranjit Tuenkar, a youth living in Anjuna village, located in the neighbourhood of the place where the incident occurred.
"The suspect is currently on the run," a police official said.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit