Woman's body found, rape suspected
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
The body of a young woman was found in the forest area of Assagao village near here with police suspecting it to be a case of rape.
The naked body of the woman, apparently in her mid-20s, was found with her head smashed yesterday, a senior police official said, adding that the suspect in the case has already been identified.
The body was found by two forest guards, who were on a routine visit to Assagao nearly 15 kms from here. The guards also saw the suspect rushing out of the forest on a scooter, the police official claimed.
The suspect has been identified as Ranjit Tuenkar, a youth living in Anjuna village, located in the neighbourhood of the place where the incident occurred.
"The suspect is currently on the run," a police official said.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties