Woman's body found, rape suspected
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
- Ordinances on Seemandhra, Rahul Bills are likely today
The body of a young woman was found in the forest area of Assagao village near here with police suspecting it to be a case of rape.
The naked body of the woman, apparently in her mid-20s, was found with her head smashed yesterday, a senior police official said, adding that the suspect in the case has already been identified.
The body was found by two forest guards, who were on a routine visit to Assagao nearly 15 kms from here. The guards also saw the suspect rushing out of the forest on a scooter, the police official claimed.
The suspect has been identified as Ranjit Tuenkar, a youth living in Anjuna village, located in the neighbourhood of the place where the incident occurred.
"The suspect is currently on the run," a police official said.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today