Woman's severed head found in Thane
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
A severed head of an unidentified woman was found in Nallasopara area of Thane district, police said today.
The head of a woman, around 30 years of age, was found yesterday in a plastic bag in Gavrai Pada village of Nallasopara, they said.
Police suspect that the woman might have been killed around two days back and the killers severed her head and dumped it at the village by wrapping it in a plastic bag. Search was on to trace the body of the victim and to ascertain her identity, they said, adding that a hunt was also on to nab the culprits.