Women are strong, no less than men: Amitabh Bachchan
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
At a time when the nation is reeling from the shocking gangrape of a 23-year-old girl, megastar Amitabh Bachchan is pleased to see a woman win the five-crore jackpot on his game show KBC, showing that women are no less than men.
Housewife Sunmeet Kaur Sawhney has become the first female contestant to have won Rs five crores on Kaun Banega Crorepati.
"In the days that have gone by, where the dignity of a young girl is maligned and brought to shame through the most heinous and disgusting acts of a bunch of animals, it gave me great pleasure to see a woman in a man's world, taking on the many painful experiences, and coming out victorious.
"Her status as a woman was never compromised, and given an opportunity, she has proved to an entire nation, which hangs its head in shame for the GangRape victim, that women are strong and no less than men," the 70-year-old actor posted on his blog.
Bachchan said Mumbai-based Sunmeet, who gave tuitions to young children to add to the family's income, was impeccable in the HotSeat. "She never hesitated on any question, or did any kind of guesswork. At the 1 crore mark she had the option of two life lines... but refused them because she said she was somewhat sure of the answer. And she delivered with honours."
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2