Women boost confidence by wearing red to work
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- Telangana fallout: Governor accepts Reddy's resignation as Andhra Chief Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal writes to Narendra Modi on gas pricing, targest Mukesh Ambani again
- A day after Parliament passes Telangana bill, Hyderabad airport on red alert over letter threat
- Govt refuses security to IPL due to Lok Sabha polls, South Africa favourite to host 7th edition
Two out of five women believe that wearing something red increase professional confidence, while 29 percent wished they had the courage to wear the colour more often, a survey suggests.
Results of the poll of 1000 women by the British Heart Foundation were supported by psychology specialist Gayle Brewer from the University of Central Lancashire.
"The clothes and colours we wear have a real impact on the way we feel. The colour red is associated with confidence and power," Dr Brewer told the Daily Telegraph.
"It seems women are donning their best red dresses and suits in order to make their mark at work," she said.
One in 10 women polled said that they would wear red to impress in the office, while 26 percent said even a touch of red lipstick boosted their confidence.