Women boost confidence by wearing red to work
- Rein in non-state actors to have peace, friendship with India: Mufti to Pak
- 27 years after Hashimpura, 4 who survived watch 16 cops walk free
- Government departments seek more space, dial ISRO to innovate
- Sonia gave free hand to decide on CBI probe: Karnataka CM on IAS officer’s death
- Bihar Cheating: ‘Happened last year too, no one noticed’
Two out of five women believe that wearing something red increase professional confidence, while 29 percent wished they had the courage to wear the colour more often, a survey suggests.
Results of the poll of 1000 women by the British Heart Foundation were supported by psychology specialist Gayle Brewer from the University of Central Lancashire.
"The clothes and colours we wear have a real impact on the way we feel. The colour red is associated with confidence and power," Dr Brewer told the Daily Telegraph.
"It seems women are donning their best red dresses and suits in order to make their mark at work," she said.
One in 10 women polled said that they would wear red to impress in the office, while 26 percent said even a touch of red lipstick boosted their confidence.