Women drink more alcohol after marriage
- PM Narendra Modi calls meeting to review 'Most Favoured Nation' status to Pakistan
- BK Bansal, senior bureaucrat, commits suicide along with son at his Delhi residence
- US presidential debate: Trump, Hillary Clinton deny their own words
- Nine out of ten people in world breathing polluted air: WHO
- Behind the voices at Maratha rallies, an anti-Dalit tone
Women consume more alcohol after they get married while men actually cut down after marriage, a survey has found.
But men are more likely to hit the bottle after a divorce, according to the survey into marriage and alcohol conducted by sociologists at four universities in the US, the Daily mail reported.
The findings suggest that being married to a man who is more likely to drink creates a new social environment that may promote drinking among women, said Lead researcher Corinne Reczek, professor of sociology at the University of Cincinnati.
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP
- Preventive detention is being routinised as an instrument of state repression
- The challenge of garbage is set to grow, solid waste management plans need to be implemented
- After Uri, a replay of a 2001 predicament
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump