Women drink more alcohol after marriage
- Home Ministry calls for high-level meet to discuss threat posed by ISIS
- VIDEO: 20 killed in Manipur landslide after heavy rain, several families homeless in Mizoram
- Indian Army, Chinese PLA hold maiden meet at DBO in Ladakh
- SP leader Farooq Ghosi, who demanded RS seat for Yakub Memon's widow, suspended from party
- Navy choppers gave air cover during Kalam's funeral: Defence
Women consume more alcohol after they get married while men actually cut down after marriage, a survey has found.
But men are more likely to hit the bottle after a divorce, according to the survey into marriage and alcohol conducted by sociologists at four universities in the US, the Daily mail reported.
The findings suggest that being married to a man who is more likely to drink creates a new social environment that may promote drinking among women, said Lead researcher Corinne Reczek, professor of sociology at the University of Cincinnati.
Professor Reczek insisted that men who fail to converge with their wives' drinking habits in marriage may set a trajectory towards divorce and continued heavy drinking.