Women drink more alcohol after marriage
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Women consume more alcohol after they get married while men actually cut down after marriage, a survey has found.
But men are more likely to hit the bottle after a divorce, according to the survey into marriage and alcohol conducted by sociologists at four universities in the US, the Daily mail reported.
The findings suggest that being married to a man who is more likely to drink creates a new social environment that may promote drinking among women, said Lead researcher Corinne Reczek, professor of sociology at the University of Cincinnati.
Professor Reczek insisted that men who fail to converge with their wives' drinking habits in marriage may set a trajectory towards divorce and continued heavy drinking.