Women drink more alcohol after marriage
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Women consume more alcohol after they get married while men actually cut down after marriage, a survey has found.
But men are more likely to hit the bottle after a divorce, according to the survey into marriage and alcohol conducted by sociologists at four universities in the US, the Daily mail reported.
The findings suggest that being married to a man who is more likely to drink creates a new social environment that may promote drinking among women, said Lead researcher Corinne Reczek, professor of sociology at the University of Cincinnati.
Professor Reczek insisted that men who fail to converge with their wives' drinking habits in marriage may set a trajectory towards divorce and continued heavy drinking.