Women drink more alcohol after marriage
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP's show of unity in Gandhinagar today, Modi to accompany Advani for nomination filing
- VVIP chopper deal: Prosecution blames CBI for not sharing tender papers
- RAW instrumental in grabbing key Indian Mujahideen leaders
- Mumbai Shakti Mills gangrape: All three convicts sentenced to death for repeat offence by a sessions court
- Profile of the young Modi supporter: Male, without a job, and hopeful
Women consume more alcohol after they get married while men actually cut down after marriage, a survey has found.
But men are more likely to hit the bottle after a divorce, according to the survey into marriage and alcohol conducted by sociologists at four universities in the US, the Daily mail reported.
The findings suggest that being married to a man who is more likely to drink creates a new social environment that may promote drinking among women, said Lead researcher Corinne Reczek, professor of sociology at the University of Cincinnati.
Professor Reczek insisted that men who fail to converge with their wives' drinking habits in marriage may set a trajectory towards divorce and continued heavy drinking.
- Four-time Chikkaballapur MP Jalappa bats for Moily
- Congress cannot be wiped out, Rahul says at Mangalore rally
- Sule leads expenses chart, Kadam second
- Cambridge grad or Class IV pass-out, education no bar for candidates
- HC extends stay on arrest of Teesta, four others till April 23
- Cong threatens legal action against Madhu Kishwar