Women helpline in Bhopal getting calls from men too
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
A helpline for women on phone number 1090 in Bhopal is also getting calls from men who are threatened by their wives.
The helpline number has been working for 38 days and interestingly, it has till now received calls from about 12 men who complained about bad behaviour of their wives.
Most of them said their wives had a penchant for getting into fights, using offensive words and becoming angry at the slightest provocation.
However, the helpline staff has been telling the males that the number is set up only for women and directing them to contact their local police stations.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held