Women helpline in Bhopal getting calls from men too
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
A helpline for women on phone number 1090 in Bhopal is also getting calls from men who are threatened by their wives.
The helpline number has been working for 38 days and interestingly, it has till now received calls from about 12 men who complained about bad behaviour of their wives.
Most of them said their wives had a penchant for getting into fights, using offensive words and becoming angry at the slightest provocation.
However, the helpline staff has been telling the males that the number is set up only for women and directing them to contact their local police stations.