Women helpline in Bhopal getting calls from men too
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Train derails in Assam, at least 50 passengers injured
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia Gandhi to address first poll rally in Telangana today
A helpline for women on phone number 1090 in Bhopal is also getting calls from men who are threatened by their wives.
The helpline number has been working for 38 days and interestingly, it has till now received calls from about 12 men who complained about bad behaviour of their wives.
Most of them said their wives had a penchant for getting into fights, using offensive words and becoming angry at the slightest provocation.
However, the helpline staff has been telling the males that the number is set up only for women and directing them to contact their local police stations.