Women look their oldest at 3.30 pm on Wednesdays: study
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
Work stress and toll from weekend partying means women look their oldest at exactly 3.30 pm on Wednesdays, according to a new UK study.
Wednesday is the day when energy levels plummet, work stress is at a peak and the effects of any weekend late nights finally kick in.
The research found one in ten women (12 per cent) find Wednesday the most stressful day in a typical week.
But Thursday is the day they are mWorkost likely to romance which could contribute to why women feel so happy on a Friday - 60 per cent name it as their happiest day, the 'Daily Mail' reported.
A quarter of women feel stressed several times a week - while one in five (19 per cent) admit they will work through Wednesday's lunch hour.
The study, carried out by tanning brand, St Tropez found two thirds experience a 'slump in energy levels' mid-afternoon every Wednesday.
This forces a quarter of women to reach for a sugary snack on a bid to boost their mood and energy.
"It's fascinating that 3.30 pm on a Wednesday is the time women look their oldest. Combine the highest stress levels of the week on a Wednesday with the natural mid-afternoon slump and it seems that's why women can look older than their years," Nichola Joss, St Tropez skin expert, said.
Almost half of women (46 per cent) are likely to indulge in a boozy treat at the weekend - another reason why women look their eldest mid-week.
Joss said it can take a few days for the signs of the boozy weekend to show.
"Processing the toxins in alcohol and sugar can put strain on the body. It can take up to 72 hours for the visible effects of alcohol to show, so the effects of drinking on the weekend may not present themselves until Wednesday afternoon," she added.
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- When Aamir chooses to talk about fears of Hindu intolerance, he does his faith a disservice
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities