Women need fashion to feel good: Giorgio Armani
- Indecision at the top, long wait for Rahul: What ails the Congress
- Ally BJP seeks to lower heat: Can’t move NIT out, don’t trash J&K Police
- Panama Papers: Mossack Fonseca on I-T radar for 9 years in Delhi, details sought
- Assam Elections: Rebel Congress leader fans wind of change
- Pluralism and tolerance hallmark of Indian civilisation: President Mukherjee
Italian fashion designer Giorgio Armani says women like to wear stylish clothes because it makes them feel better about themselves.
The 78-year old menswear designer admits females no longer have to wear powerful-looking clothes to earn respect but still like to dress stylishly to boost their everyday confidence, reported Contactmusic.
"[Women] have edged out their standing in the world. Today, they don't have to wear a suit jacket to prove their authority. But still women need fashion to boost their feeling, to lift them into a higher sphere." said Armani.
After a hugely successful fashion career, Armani admits he's very lonely in his personal life because he gave up everything for his work.
He said, "People think, I don't have any time to meet them because I am too busy. But in the evening I'm at home sitting with my two cats in front of the TV. And nobody calls me."
- Bhagat Singh believed neither in religion nor violence
- Abdul Basit is both right and wrong on the bilateral dialogue process
- Varied electoral cycle in India acts as a check against demagoguery and oligarchy
- Government must switch to an income-support subsidy regime
- NIT Srinagar row must be settled urgently for the sake of J&K’s future
- To promote investments, government must boldly tackle the problems