Women need fashion to feel good: Giorgio Armani
- Unjust to blame Modi, Shah alone for Bihar debacle: Nitin Gadkari
- High Drama at Akal Takht, bid to attack Jathedar
- Every action has equal and opposite reaction: Nitish on BJP rumblings
- Chetia handed over to India: All you need to know about the ULFA leader
- For second successive year, PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans
Italian fashion designer Giorgio Armani says women like to wear stylish clothes because it makes them feel better about themselves.
The 78-year old menswear designer admits females no longer have to wear powerful-looking clothes to earn respect but still like to dress stylishly to boost their everyday confidence, reported Contactmusic.
"[Women] have edged out their standing in the world. Today, they don't have to wear a suit jacket to prove their authority. But still women need fashion to boost their feeling, to lift them into a higher sphere." said Armani.
After a hugely successful fashion career, Armani admits he's very lonely in his personal life because he gave up everything for his work.
He said, "People think, I don't have any time to meet them because I am too busy. But in the evening I'm at home sitting with my two cats in front of the TV. And nobody calls me."
- With a few modifications, MGNREGA can dent poverty
- Centre should merge excise and service tax regimes as a precursor to GST
- Sanskrit and Persian have much in common
- Borrowing costs for states with varying deficits can’t be the same
- Best investment treaty
- There was a silent wave in support of Nitish and Lalu