Women need fashion to feel good: Giorgio Armani
- Dengue: Toll reaches 16 as two more girls die; over 2,000 tested positive
- Bihar polls: After quitting Grand Alliance, Mulayam forms Third Front
- US Federal funds rate remains unchanged, defers to global economic volatility
- Bharti gets relief from arrest as HC reserves order on anticipatory bail
- No ban on meat in Maharashtra as SC rejects plea against Bombay HC's order
Italian fashion designer Giorgio Armani says women like to wear stylish clothes because it makes them feel better about themselves.
The 78-year old menswear designer admits females no longer have to wear powerful-looking clothes to earn respect but still like to dress stylishly to boost their everyday confidence, reported Contactmusic.
"[Women] have edged out their standing in the world. Today, they don't have to wear a suit jacket to prove their authority. But still women need fashion to boost their feeling, to lift them into a higher sphere." said Armani.
After a hugely successful fashion career, Armani admits he's very lonely in his personal life because he gave up everything for his work.
He said, "People think, I don't have any time to meet them because I am too busy. But in the evening I'm at home sitting with my two cats in front of the TV. And nobody calls me."