Women protest against art show with the nude as theme
- Black money: Switzerland begins naming Indians, foreigners for tax evasion
- J&K: JCO, 2 soldiers and 1 militant killed as army foils infiltration bid in Tangdhar sector
- Heatwave death toll crosses 500 in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana
- Kejriwal vs Jung: Mandate of people must be respected by Lt Governor, says Delhi High Court
- PM Modi presents 1 yr report card, says bad days for those who looted the country
An art exhibition showcasing a retrospective on modern nude art was forced to close for a short duration on Monday after a few members of a women's organisation held a protest near the venue in South Delhi.
Organisers reopened the exhibition later, with police protection.
"The Naked and the Nude" exhibition, hosted at the Delhi Art Gallery, had protesters from the women's wing of the VHP demanding a ban on the show, which they said contained "nude and obscene paintings that showed women in a very bad light".
"'The Naked and the Nude' explores a popular thematic concept in art — that of the human body and how artists have looked at it historically as part of their narrative," gallery owner Ashish Anand was quoted by PTI.
DCP (South) Chhaya Sharma said: "Six to seven women protesters came. No case has been registered."