Women protest against art show with the nude as theme
- 20 Indians killed by Saudi-led air strikes on Yemen's Hodeidah port: Reports
- Rakesh Maria to head Sheena murder case till probe is completed
- Smriti hits back on 'hawaa baazi' remark by Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi asks industry to take risk, invest; India Inc wants rate cut
- Sheena case: Sanjeev Khanna moves application over 'illegal' detention
An art exhibition showcasing a retrospective on modern nude art was forced to close for a short duration on Monday after a few members of a women's organisation held a protest near the venue in South Delhi.
Organisers reopened the exhibition later, with police protection.
"The Naked and the Nude" exhibition, hosted at the Delhi Art Gallery, had protesters from the women's wing of the VHP demanding a ban on the show, which they said contained "nude and obscene paintings that showed women in a very bad light".
"'The Naked and the Nude' explores a popular thematic concept in art — that of the human body and how artists have looked at it historically as part of their narrative," gallery owner Ashish Anand was quoted by PTI.
DCP (South) Chhaya Sharma said: "Six to seven women protesters came. No case has been registered."