Women’s issues take the lead in tableaux of Republic Day
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
While crime against women has taken centre stage everywhere, the same was visible in the tableaux of Republic Day at SD Government College where the district-level function was organised.
The police department's tableau depicted crime against women. A helpline 0161-1091 was also displayed which is only for the complaints against women. In addition, the scene showed shattered women sitting against a dead body.
The police authorities said that since they had started a woman helpline number, they thought of promoting it through their tableau. Also, the tableau of the health department highlighted the drive against female foeticide and made people aware of their rights.
The tableau of the social security department showed Lohri of girls, giving a message to celebrate the birth of not only boys but also of girls. A total of 16 tableaux of various departments were shown in this function which included dairy development, fisheries and agriculture department.
Three students who bagged first prize at district level in national integration and communal harmony essay writing competitions were also honoured. They were Harpreet Kaur, Salona and Archit Chadha.