Women’s issues take the lead in tableaux of Republic Day
- Sheena Bora murder case: Third accused Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police
- 3 civilians dead, nearly a dozen injured in Pakistan firing in J&K
- Nitish Kumar's Arvind Kejriwal symbolism looks good but unease in allies RJD, Congress
- OROP row: Veterans reject govt offer, boycott 1965 golden jubilee celebrations
- Patidar protest: HC directs CID to investigate custodial death of Patel youth
While crime against women has taken centre stage everywhere, the same was visible in the tableaux of Republic Day at SD Government College where the district-level function was organised.
The police department's tableau depicted crime against women. A helpline 0161-1091 was also displayed which is only for the complaints against women. In addition, the scene showed shattered women sitting against a dead body.
The police authorities said that since they had started a woman helpline number, they thought of promoting it through their tableau. Also, the tableau of the health department highlighted the drive against female foeticide and made people aware of their rights.
The tableau of the social security department showed Lohri of girls, giving a message to celebrate the birth of not only boys but also of girls. A total of 16 tableaux of various departments were shown in this function which included dairy development, fisheries and agriculture department.