Women SHGs to get dedicated space to set up stalls
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: Raina departs after scoring valiant half-century
Women self-help groups (SHGs) will soon be self-reliant with the state government planning to give separate zones for them across the state to run their businesses from after availing special licences for moveable stalls.
According to officials from the Department of Women and Child Development, such areas are to be demarcated in all districts of the state. During the resent Dussehra and Diwali festivals, many women SHGs had set up stalls to sell different wares. "This dedicated area will help them avoid the huge rent charged otherwise to set up shops," said a WCD officer.
Women and Child Development Minister Varsha Gaikwad recently declared that such businesses would help women. "They can avail the space by taking special licences and moveable stalls," she said.
To make women self reliant and to enable her to financially assist her family, Gaikwad said, a separate zone would be demarcated where women could set up their own business units.
The minister categorically stated that men would not be allowed in these zones and the department would ready a comprehensive plan to create work opportunities for women.
With the focus on women SHGs, the minister said dedicated areas would be allocated for the business endeavour. The department is also stressing on improving marketing skills in women to sell their products as well as arranging training camps to instill marketing as well as packaging skills in these women.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota