Women should be conscious of what they wear: Trinamool MP
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
Reviving the age-old debate on how women should dress, actor-turned Trinamool MP Chiranjit Chakroborty said women should be "conscious" of what they wear.
"We should definitely work towards removing this stigma but again women can be a little more conscious about what they are wearing," Chiranjit said at the Barasat police station where he had gone to inquire regarding an eve-teasing case.
He, however, asserted, "Any act of eve-teasing should be condemned and the culprit caught and punished."
Chiranjit inquired about the progress made in the case involving a youth who was caught allegedly teasing a girl at Barasat railway station in North 24 Parganas district last night.
The girl, a resident of Banamalipur, was returning from tuition when the accused Ramesh Das started teasing her. He was caught by people at the station and was beaten up.
The girl's father was also present at the station, sources said.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance