Women should be conscious of what they wear: Trinamool MP
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Reviving the age-old debate on how women should dress, actor-turned Trinamool MP Chiranjit Chakroborty said women should be "conscious" of what they wear.
"We should definitely work towards removing this stigma but again women can be a little more conscious about what they are wearing," Chiranjit said at the Barasat police station where he had gone to inquire regarding an eve-teasing case.
He, however, asserted, "Any act of eve-teasing should be condemned and the culprit caught and punished."
Chiranjit inquired about the progress made in the case involving a youth who was caught allegedly teasing a girl at Barasat railway station in North 24 Parganas district last night.
The girl, a resident of Banamalipur, was returning from tuition when the accused Ramesh Das started teasing her. He was caught by people at the station and was beaten up.
The girl's father was also present at the station, sources said.
Das was then handed over to the police, produced before a local court that remanded him to judicial custody for 14 days.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students