Women should party at home, says Jind SP
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
A day after a BJP MLA from Rajasthan said that banning skirts as school uniform was a solution to crimes against women, in Haryana's Jind, SP Saurabh Singh on Sunday suggested that women celebrate New Year at home.
Singh has given three suggestions to women planning to celebrate New Year. His press statement said that women should stay indoors with their family and celebrate New Year at home. If they want to celebrate in a hotel, they must not interact with strangers. They must stay away from alcohol, and in case of any untoward incident promptly inform the police.
Singh also cautioned parents, saying at times parents are not aware of where their children are celebrating the New Year, and come to know of it only when their children have committed some crime and the police have caught them. Singh was unavailable to explain his instructions.