Women should party at home, says Jind SP
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: If Congress comes to power again, 40, 000 farmers will benefit, says Sonia
A day after a BJP MLA from Rajasthan said that banning skirts as school uniform was a solution to crimes against women, in Haryana's Jind, SP Saurabh Singh on Sunday suggested that women celebrate New Year at home.
Singh has given three suggestions to women planning to celebrate New Year. His press statement said that women should stay indoors with their family and celebrate New Year at home. If they want to celebrate in a hotel, they must not interact with strangers. They must stay away from alcohol, and in case of any untoward incident promptly inform the police.
Singh also cautioned parents, saying at times parents are not aware of where their children are celebrating the New Year, and come to know of it only when their children have committed some crime and the police have caught them. Singh was unavailable to explain his instructions.