Women should party at home, says Jind SP
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
A day after a BJP MLA from Rajasthan said that banning skirts as school uniform was a solution to crimes against women, in Haryana's Jind, SP Saurabh Singh on Sunday suggested that women celebrate New Year at home.
Singh has given three suggestions to women planning to celebrate New Year. His press statement said that women should stay indoors with their family and celebrate New Year at home. If they want to celebrate in a hotel, they must not interact with strangers. They must stay away from alcohol, and in case of any untoward incident promptly inform the police.
Singh also cautioned parents, saying at times parents are not aware of where their children are celebrating the New Year, and come to know of it only when their children have committed some crime and the police have caught them. Singh was unavailable to explain his instructions.