Women spend 3 hours per day in getting ready
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Opinion polls Manipulation: EC asks Centre to take action
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade
Women spend more than three hours on an average getting dolled up before going out, a new survey has revealed.
A recent study by St. Ives revealed that women spend 43 weeks of their entire lives applying makeup and perfecting their faces.
While the average women may spend 91 hours a year getting her face in order, at least a third admitted that we wished we could cut the time spend fussing around with makeup.
However, despite recognising spending too much time on their faces, only 13 percent of have the confidence to go barefaced - with 1 percent of women admitting they wouldn't even go to the gym without makeup.
Leah Doherty, from St. Ives, explained that women are unable to drop their makeup brushes - despite the fact that friends and family think they look just as gorgeous without it.
Doherty explained that, despite the fact women spend so long getting ready, they still don't feel comfortable in their own skins. And, makeup or not, 8 percent of women spend at least 30 minutes a week altering images of themselves on Facebook.
"It seems modern women are not happy with the way they look even when wearing make-up, as our study reveals many are now even editing photographs of themselves before putting them on Facebook," she said.