Women worry more than men: study
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Women are more likely than men to often feel worried, nervous or anxious, a new US survey has found.
According to the research by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in US, about 22 per cent of women said they felt worried, nervous, or anxious daily or weekly, compared to 16 per cent of men.
In general, these feelings were more common in young and middle-age adults than older people, MyHealthNewsDaily reported.
Previous studies have found older adults are generally happier and less stressed than younger people.
In the new study, which took place in 2010 and 2011, participants were asked "How often do you feel worried, nervous, or anxious? Would you say daily, weekly, monthly, a few times a year, or never?"
In men, 17 per cent of those ages 18 to 44, and 18 per cent of those between 45 and 64 reported daily or weekly worry, nervousness or anxiety. About 23 per cent of women ages 18 to 64 said the same.
Among those over age 75, eleven per cent of men and 16 per cent of women reported such feelings.
The study will be published in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress