Women’s issues take the lead in tableaux of Republic Day
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
While crime against women has taken centre stage everywhere, the same was visible in the tableaux of Republic Day at SD Government College where the district-level function was organised.
The police department's tableau depicted crime against women. A helpline 0161-1091 was also displayed which is only for the complaints against women. In addition, the scene showed shattered women sitting against a dead body.
The police authorities said that since they had started a woman helpline number, they thought of promoting it through their tableau. Also, the tableau of the health department highlighted the drive against female foeticide and made people aware of their rights.
The tableau of the social security department showed Lohri of girls, giving a message to celebrate the birth of not only boys but also of girls. A total of 16 tableaux of various departments were shown in this function which included dairy development, fisheries and agriculture department.