Women's WCup: Sophie Devine's ton helps NZ crush SAfrica by 150 runs
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Only five South African batswomen managed to get past the double-digit figure.
Earlier, Devine produced a whirlwind knock and together with skipper Suzie Bates (72) shared 128 runs for the third wicket to lay the foundation for New Zealand's big total.
Devine, who represents New Zealand in cricket and hockey, is also a type 1 diabetic ¿ a condition she was diagnosed with when 15.
The 23-year-old batted till the last over and was dismissed on the final ball of the innings by Ismail. She had come to the crease after the loss of Amy Satterthwaite (4) in the eighth over.
Devine and Bates made best use of the placid track at DRIEMS Ground and put on display their vast repertoire of stroke-play.
Bates 91-ball 72 was laced with eight fours. She was caught by Cordes off Potgieter.
After the loss of Bates, Devine stitched two important partnerships with Sara McGlashan (32) and Nicola Browne (40) to help her team score past 300-run mark.
With McGlashan, she was involved in a 64-run stand while her association with Browne yielded 101 runs.
Brief Scores: New Zealand 320/5 in 50 overs(Sophie Devine 145, Suzie Bates 72).
South Africa: 170 in 41 overs (Susan Benade 37, Shabnim Ismail 31, Sian Ruck 4/31). NZ women won by 150 runs.
Pts: New Zealand 2; South Africa 0.
- Telangana turmoil likely in Parliament; PM says opposition to bill are hiccups, BJP to take call as per â€˜situationâ€™
- LIVE: Narendra Modi addresses first rally in Mamataâ€™sÂ turf
- Jan Lokpal Bill divides AAP and Cong, threatens Delhi govt
- Chidambaram counters Kejriwal over khap panchayat issue, says such bodies not part of IndianÂ culture