Won't talk about personal life in public, says Anurag Kashyap
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
As the Hrithik Roshan-Sussanne split made headlines, director Anurag Kashyap, whose marriage to actress Kalki Koechlin, too, is in trouble, sidestepped questions related to his personal life.
In a joint statement last month, the couple said they were separating. "Me and Kalki are separating. We are taking time off from each other to figure things out. We are not divorcing," it said.
When asked by reporters at a film event here last evening if all was well with his marriage, the 'Black Friday' director pleaded to be left alone on this issue.
"I don't think this is the platform (he was present at the trailer launch of 'Hasee Toh Phasee') to talk about it. I would not like to talk about my personal life at a public platform."
Kashyap's company is one of the producers of 'Hasee Toh Phasee', a romantic comedy which will hit theatres in February.
This was apparently Kashyap's first appearance at a film event after they separated in mid-November.
Kalki, an Indian of French descent, and Kashyap, who has helmed films like 'Gulal' and 'Gangs of Wasseypur', fell in love while working on 'Dev D' in 2009. The two got married in April 2011.
Kashyap was previously married to Aarti Bajaj with whom he has a daughter, while it was Kalki's first marriage.