Work at Pune station kicks off, 6 local trains to operate from Khadki, Shivajinagar
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
For 10 days starting Monday, six local trains running between Pune-Lonavla will operate from Khadki and Shivajinagar stations instead of Pune railway station . Similarly passenger trains from Satara, Kolhapur, Solapur and Manmad will operate from Ghorpadi and Hadapsar stations.
The railways will be functioning from a temporary block owing to apron rehabilitation work and expansion of platform number six that will start from Monday.
The local trains that would terminate at Khadki and Shivajianagar stations would not ply between Khadki-Pune section and Shivajinagar-Pune section. Similaly passenger trains from Satara, Kolhapur, Solapur and Manmad will be cancelled in Ghorpadi-Pune section and Hadapsar-Pune section.
Under the new plan, Pune-Talegaon local departing from Pune station at 3.40 pm and Pune-Lonavla local leaving Pune station at 4.25 pm will now leave from Khadki station at 3.51 pm and 4.36 pm respectively. The Pune-Lonavla local leaving at 7.05 pm from Pune station will leave from Shivajinagar at 7.11 pm.
The Lonavla-Pune local trains leaving from Lonavla at 2 pm and 3 pm will terminate at Khadki station, while Lonavla-Pune local leaving at 5.30 pm will terminate at Shivajinagar.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity