Work at Pune station kicks off, 6 local trains to operate from Khadki, Shivajinagar
- Fake degree case: Former Delhi law minister Tomar's police custody extended by two days
- Pakistan army makes veiled attack on India, accuses it of 'creating instability'
- Missing Dornier: Intermittent signals from Coast Guard aircraft, oil spill noticed again
- Rahul Gandhi meets sanitation workers for the second day
- Ludhiana: Ammonia gas leak mishap kills 5, leaves more than 140 injured
For 10 days starting Monday, six local trains running between Pune-Lonavla will operate from Khadki and Shivajinagar stations instead of Pune railway station . Similarly passenger trains from Satara, Kolhapur, Solapur and Manmad will operate from Ghorpadi and Hadapsar stations.
The railways will be functioning from a temporary block owing to apron rehabilitation work and expansion of platform number six that will start from Monday.
The local trains that would terminate at Khadki and Shivajianagar stations would not ply between Khadki-Pune section and Shivajinagar-Pune section. Similaly passenger trains from Satara, Kolhapur, Solapur and Manmad will be cancelled in Ghorpadi-Pune section and Hadapsar-Pune section.
Under the new plan, Pune-Talegaon local departing from Pune station at 3.40 pm and Pune-Lonavla local leaving Pune station at 4.25 pm will now leave from Khadki station at 3.51 pm and 4.36 pm respectively. The Pune-Lonavla local leaving at 7.05 pm from Pune station will leave from Shivajinagar at 7.11 pm.
The Lonavla-Pune local trains leaving from Lonavla at 2 pm and 3 pm will terminate at Khadki station, while Lonavla-Pune local leaving at 5.30 pm will terminate at Shivajinagar.
The Pune-Kolhapur passenger will leave from Ghorpadi at 9.24 am, while the Pune-Satara passenger will leave at 5.12 pm. The Pune-Solapur passenger train will leave from Hadapsar at 8.27 am, according to railway press release.