Work on flyover for Thane-Ghodbunder Road to begin soon
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
The construction work on the much-awaited Kapurbawdi-Golden Dyes Junction flyover at Thane is expected to begin in two months time after the completion of ground modalities.
The project by Maharashtra State Road Development Corportaion is aimed at easing traffic on the busy Thane-Ghodbunder Road.
MSRDC chief engineer Sharad Sabnis said that the work order for the project has been issued and the field work is expected to commence soon. The work for constructing the four-lane 1,300 metres flyover has been awarded to NCC and J Kumar and Co. at an estimated cost of Rs 131 crore.
Initially a trial bore will be dug to ascertain the nature of soil and rock below the surface. The findings of the trial will decide the depth of the foundation for the piers to support the flyover. The stretch from Golden Dyes Junction to Kapurbawdi Junction is one of the busiest junctions after Teen Hath Naka in Thane. The Mumbai-Nashik Highway intersects the Thane-Ghodbunder Road leading to Ahmedabad at this place.
One arm of this flyover would bridge Cinewonder (Ghodbunder) to Golden Dyes flyover towards Mumbai; the second would span over Kapurbawdi Junction to Bhiwandi Road; the third would fly over the Kapurbawdi Junction to Golden Dyes towards Nashik; the fourth arm would start from Golden dyes to Cinewonder (Ghodbunder) spanning over Upvan Junction.
Besides, approval has been accorded to three other flyovers at Ghodbunder Road - Manpada, Patali Pada and Waghbil junctions. Earlier announcements were also made for three flyovers in Thane city- at Meenthai Thackeray Chowk, Hariniwas Junction and Telephone Exchange junction. MMRDA would be funding the projects.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'