Work on flyover for Thane-Ghodbunder Road to begin soon
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy arrested in Lucknow, says he was not absconding
- Congress core group meets today over anti-graft ordinances pushed by Rahul
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- IPL betting probe: Senior Tamil Nadu cop suspended for violation of 'conduct rules'
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
The construction work on the much-awaited Kapurbawdi-Golden Dyes Junction flyover at Thane is expected to begin in two months time after the completion of ground modalities.
The project by Maharashtra State Road Development Corportaion is aimed at easing traffic on the busy Thane-Ghodbunder Road.
MSRDC chief engineer Sharad Sabnis said that the work order for the project has been issued and the field work is expected to commence soon. The work for constructing the four-lane 1,300 metres flyover has been awarded to NCC and J Kumar and Co. at an estimated cost of Rs 131 crore.
Initially a trial bore will be dug to ascertain the nature of soil and rock below the surface. The findings of the trial will decide the depth of the foundation for the piers to support the flyover. The stretch from Golden Dyes Junction to Kapurbawdi Junction is one of the busiest junctions after Teen Hath Naka in Thane. The Mumbai-Nashik Highway intersects the Thane-Ghodbunder Road leading to Ahmedabad at this place.
One arm of this flyover would bridge Cinewonder (Ghodbunder) to Golden Dyes flyover towards Mumbai; the second would span over Kapurbawdi Junction to Bhiwandi Road; the third would fly over the Kapurbawdi Junction to Golden Dyes towards Nashik; the fourth arm would start from Golden dyes to Cinewonder (Ghodbunder) spanning over Upvan Junction.
Besides, approval has been accorded to three other flyovers at Ghodbunder Road - Manpada, Patali Pada and Waghbil junctions. Earlier announcements were also made for three flyovers in Thane city- at Meenthai Thackeray Chowk, Hariniwas Junction and Telephone Exchange junction. MMRDA would be funding the projects.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past