Work on Rani Jhansi Road grade separator to begin soon
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
After a delay of four years, the work on Rani Jhansi grade separator is expected to start soon. The North Municipal Corporation has approved the commissioner's proposal of giving Delhi government land in exchange for the land that will be acquired from private property owners in Azad Market and Model Basti.
For construction of grade separator on Rani Jhansi Road, several property owners in the tyre market and on railway and DUSIB land were affected. Now, the MCD tyre market has been shifted to Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar and the Railways has been offered land on Bhavbhuti Marg. DUSIB will also be compensated with land in some other area, while the Land and Building department of Delhi government is to acquire land from private property owners.
The land in Azad Market and Model Basti could not be acquired till now as the private owners had demanded rehabilitation and not compensation. "The affected persons of Azad Market and Model Basti have said before authorities of Delhi government that they should not be dispossessed of their properties till their rehabilitation is ensured. According to the Land Acquisition Act only compensation can be given in lieu of land acquisition. On persuasion of affected persons, the Chief Secretary discussed the matter with DDA for providing residential properties for rehabilitation. Issue of commercial properties has been addressed by Relocation and Rehabilitation Policy," Commissioner (North corporation) P K Gupta said.
The foundation stone for the grade separator on Rani Jhansi Road was laid in 2008. The 1.6-km-long four-lane grade separator is to be constructed from Tis Hazari courts to Filmistan cinema. The project aims to de-congest and ease traffic congestion on Rani Jhansi Road, Bara Hindu Rao, DCM Chowk, Azad Market and Baraf Khana Chowk to reach St Stephen's, Subzi Mandi chowk and Azad Market chowk.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer